Friday, September 26, 2008

08 July 08

Okay everyone! I realize the best way to catch up is in piece meals over a few days...HOWEVER I don't think I'll ever get caught up if I try to do that. So instead I will summarize as best I can the last little bit of time...and I promise I'll try not to get too wordy! :-)

Mid/late June we had visitors! Mom, MLB, MASIL and K-Rae came out to meet The SB!! They got here on Wednesday and left the following Monday. We had a BLAST!!! Both K-Rae and The SB were SUCH well behaved little munchkins...and we tested them with all of our running around!!
Thursday: Louie M's Burger Lust (seriously...it's a must for any out of town visitor at least once!), check out the new BX on base (I hadn't been there either) which is really nice!! BigDaddy made enchiladas for dinner..yummmy!

Friday: The guys went to Kansas City to meet our good friend Chris H for a Royals game that night. They hit BigDaddy's favorite Chinese buffet on the way out of town. The SB and the ladies went to brunch with SuperMom and her kiddos Panera Bread. Of course that was fun! Then it was off to Kohls where we were looking for portrait outfits...and ended up with a few more outfits as well. :-) We came home to refresh and see if K-Rae would nap....she didn't want to, so we went to Babies R Us just to look. MASIL had never been in one. We had coupons so we used those and then Mom treated us to Olive Garden for dinner! There was a long wait so we hung out on the lawn outside and took some pictures with the kiddos. After dinner we were wiped so we went home!


Saturday: The guys were on their way back from the game. We got a super late start to the day do to a few obstacles...but then went to the zoo and saw a tiny tiny part of it, but it was still really cool! We went through the new butterfly exhibit which was fun. We saw lions and tigers and bears.....oh my! :-) And monkeys and gorillas and birds and walked through the desert dome. We decided to leave and it started to sprinkle and the wind was howling. We got everyone loaded up in the vehicle and not a minute later it was pouring buckets of rain! Perfect timing!


Sunday: We had a portrait appointment at Target for 3:00, so it really cut our day up to make it hard to do anything other than the pictures. But after the pictures BigDaddy took MLB to the big Scheels while we went to Kohls to return a thing or two and use our Kohls cash. :-)
They left early on Monday morning. :-(

It was great to see them and so fun to see K-Rae and The SB together! I'm just sure they'll be good buddies!!


This last weekend, The SB's other uncle came to visit! He arrived on Wednesday morning and left on Sunday morning. There was some golf, lots of video games, a movie, some good good food (BigDaddy grilled and we went to Upstream Brewery) and lots of laughs. :-) Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of The SB with his Uncle M. :-( So now The SB has officially met all of his immediate aunts and uncles and grandparents!

The SB had his four month doctor appointment on the 2nd of July and he's a healthy growing boy!! I think he was measured wrong because they showed him growing 3" in two months which is a little much. He went from being in the 51st percentile in height to 82nd. :-) Their stats on him: 14 lb 15 oz and 26.25 inches. We were referred to a pediatric ophthalmologist because his pediatrician thinks he might have a lazy eye. I have thought for a long long time that something wasn't right with his right eye but the other pediatricians kept telling me it was fine. I didn't say anything this time and this doctor caught it. So we're going on the 25th of August. That was the soonest the clinic could get him in! Otherwise he will be seen on base again for his 6 month appointment in two months. :-)

And I'll stop with the forver long blog post there. :-)

I'll try to keep up better so the posts are more managable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to chatter with us!