The SB and I went on our first "just us" sort of adventure today...ok, so it wasn't really much of an adventure....it was simply a trip to Wal Mart. :-) We didn't need a whole lot, but I needed to get out of the house and knew there was a little sweater vest outfit there I wanted to get The SB for Easter weekend. I also "needed" some Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. :-)
So after I showered, fed and changed The SB, I loaded him up in the car seat and off we went. He had a mini meltdown in the car seat on the way and it was so hard not to be able to calm him down until I got to the store. I'm not sure what spurred the crying fest, but he calmed down and we wandered around the store for a while and he had another melt down at the check out. I figured he was probably hungry. Early afternoon is a "hungry" time of day for him. He tends to want to cluster feed, so I knew we couldn't be out for too long.
Once we got to the car, he fell asleep and we got home, he ate and then I snapped this picture of the two of us. :-)
Going to Wal Mart might not sound like much of a feat, but all the same I have a nice sense of accomplishment. :-) That being said, I'm also a little sore from lifting too much so I don't think we'll be venturing out on our own anymore until I'm fully healed from the C-section.
T-Rae


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to chatter with us!