Mom and Dad came out to visit this last weekend for about three days....and we ran ourselves like crazy! But it was SO nice to have them here and so much fun to see them with their grandson. So...here's how it all went down....
They got here about 6:30 I think on Saturday evening after driving through some crazy rain I guess! There was lots of The SB cuddling. :-)
Sunday I had intentions of us all going to church, but we (read: The SB and I) were just moving too slow and enjoying the chit chat so we didn't get going in time. Instead we left for a late lunch at Olive Garden, compliments of Mom and Dad for BigDaddy and my 8th anniversary coming up on the 3rd of June...and then we went to a nice shopping area. Dad went to Scheel's while BigDaddy, Mom, The SB and I checked out World Market and then wandered down to meet Dad at Best Buy. We decided Best Buy had way too many people working because you couldn't turn a corner without having to tell another employee that you were fine, just looking, thanks. :-) I love customer service, don't get me wrong...but wow! Mom got cornered by the guy in the kitchen appliance area who went off on a five minute speech about delivery and the Best Buy card and blah blah blah, not giving Mom half a second to tell him she didn't even live within 100 miles of here. I guess if Best Buy ever opens up in Wyoming then she knows all about their delivery/pickup/credit card services! ha ha
It was SOOOO hot and humid that we decided some ice cream sounded great and we hoofed it alllll the way up the shopping center to Cold Stone Creamery....only to find that half of the shoppers shared our mindset and we decided we would have to wait too long and there were only two tables outside and no room inside, so we decided to just get ice cream at the grocery store. We cut through Scheel's on the way out, and detoured to the shoe department where I converted Mom and Dad both to Earth shoes. :-) Well, I converted Mom...they both bought a pair but the verdict is still out as to whether or not Dad likes them as much as I like mine!! On the way home we hit Target to get stuff to grill and came home...all a little tired. BigDaddy grilled his awesome burgers and we all just sorta vegged out before going to bed.
Monday Dad got up and went to Bass Pro Shop and then to Cabela's while we chilled at home. The SB got his first camo outfit from Papa. :-) After lunch BigDaddy mowed the lawn and Mom and I went to go to Costco since she has a membership! Unfortunately, we weren't aware that Costco would be closed for Memorial Day....so we drove all the way out there...after a bit of a detour thanks to yours truly...to find it closed! So we hit Sam's Club instead and got steaks for dinner. We came home to drop all of that off and I was going to take Mom and Dad to NFM so they could look at cameras there, but we decided to double check and sure enough...they were closed as well! We went to Kohl's instead and after another minor detour (I got my Kohl's stores mixed up!) we discovered that none of them had the steam press anymore much to Mom's dismay!
BigDaddy grilled up some awesome steaks for dinner and we all sat down to watch Dan in Real Life while we ate some tasty ice cream (Edy's to be exact...and a no sugar added flavor for Mom)! The verdict was ice cream: A+ and movie: 2 thumbs up (ok, that was my review...BigDaddy found it a little too "chick flickish" but I LOVED it!)
Tuesday BigDaddy went to work long enough to get some stuff taken care of before he left for his business trip this week. He came back home to pack around 10:30 and was gone around 11:30 I think. That's when Mom, Dad and I went crazy! We went to Costco where I found some "can't-live-without" type of deals, came home to unload the Jeep, went to Wendy's for lunch then to
NFM where The SB had the biggest melt down I've ever seen!! I got him calmed down and he passed out sleeping while we shopped cameras. Mom left with a great little point and click digital camera. We hit Wal Mart so I would have supplies for while BigDaddy is gone this week after Mom and Dad left and came home...exhausted!! I did some organizing while they went to Cabela's one last time.
NFM where The SB had the biggest melt down I've ever seen!! I got him calmed down and he passed out sleeping while we shopped cameras. Mom left with a great little point and click digital camera. We hit Wal Mart so I would have supplies for while BigDaddy is gone this week after Mom and Dad left and came home...exhausted!! I did some organizing while they went to Cabela's one last time.
Mom and Dad left early on Wednesday before The SB and I were awake. And that ends the whirlwind weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to chatter with us!