Well, today is "May Day" and also RomRat's 4th birthday. He's the only dog we have with a definite birthday. Poor guy got to celebrate by being home "alone" all day because we were out and about!
Granny M flew in on Tuesday night about 6:00. It has been great to have her here...so great in fact that we stayed up WAAAYYYYY too late on Tuesday night...er should I saw Wednesday morning?! Yikes. The SB slept like an angel though!
GG Ruth flew in Wednesday about 3:00. We didn't do much aside from sit here at the house, chat and stare and giggle with The SB. :-) Last night he went to bed about 9:30 and we all went to bed immediately! :-) And I woke up at 3:30 am expecting The SB to wake up....he didn't...then I woke up at 4:30....he didn't....but then he woke up at 5:30 and I fed him....the first night he sleeps through the night and I didn't! Oh well. At 7:00 am I thought I heard him awake, so I went in to the nursery to see him asleep. I figured he'd wake up any second, but I was so tired I just laid down on the floor to relax until he woke up rather than going back to bed. And then I woke up at 7:45 because I was uncomfortable...and The SB was still sleeping. I gave up and got up...and he didn't wake until 8:30!
Tonight I'm ready to sleep through the night...we'll see if he has a repeat performance! :-)
The SB had his two-month appointment today (about a week late...woops) at 11:20. He's a healthy boy! The nurse said he should be a model. :-) The doctor said he was just a wonderfully sweet little guy! She said he was perfect for her to get her "grandma fix" in for the day since he was so happy...smiling and cooing at her. :-) He weighed 11 pounds 15 ounces which puts him in the 38th percentile for his age and was 23.5" long which puts him in the 51st percentile. His head measurement was 39.5 cm which is 23rd percentile.
After the doctor, we went to Olive Garden where we all enjoyed soup, salad and breadsticks and had Tirimisou for dessert. :-) Then to Babies R Us where we shopped til we dropped. Sean's GG splurged for us and got a video baby monitor...I think it was the story of me falling asleep on the nursery floor that did it. ha ha Granny M picked up a couple outfits and I compared the Bumbo Seat with the Bebe Pod Plus and decided in the end the Bebe Pod Plus is a better deal except they didn't have any in stock. :-) The SB is getting very good at holding his head up for quite a while on his own already and one of those would be fun for him to be able to sit and look around I think.
After Babies R Us we went to Wal-Mart to get dinner for the next couple days and we all came home exhausted at about 4:30! We've just been hanging out here at the house and The SB went down about an hour ago for bed and I did some picking up, organizing and baby-book entering and figured I'd blog real quick (ha ha) and then head to bed!
G'night!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to chatter with us!