Well, today was my first Mother's Day. It's been an interesting day for sure. BigDaddy had to work. He is working 12 hour shifts from 4:30 am to 4:30 pm...so he has to leave our house about 4 am to get to work on time. Poor guy has been going to bed around 8:00 and is a bit of a zombie in the evening when he gets home. We're both looking forward to this being over so The SB can have his daddy back. :-) Anyway...
The SB and I got up and relaxed a bit before getting ready for church. I decided that I was going to try the nursery with him today. I really would prefer to have him in service with me, but he tends to like to sleep through the loud music and decide to wake up and be noisy during the sermon....so I spend most of the sermon trying to keep him quiet and really may as well be at home for as much as I am able to really listen to the sermon! :-) All the same it was still a little hard to hand him off to strangers...they seemed like nice strangers though. :-)
Now this might seem a little silly...but I have always loved how churches recognize mothers on Mother's Day and secretly always looked forward to getting to be a part of that someday...well today was the first "someday" for me. It was fun to be able to stand up next to SuperMom...one of the most amazing mothers I have met...and be recognized as a "fellow mother". :-) When I picked The SB up from the nursery, he was happily sitting on someone's lap sucking on his pacifier...but I got big grins when he saw me. :-) I also got a little "poster" of sorts with two smudgey little handprints in purple finger paint on it with a poem about little hands. And while those of you who have been mothers for a long time and probably have hundreds of pieces of "artwork" might not have done this, it really touched me so I went out and got a little frame to put it in. I know The SB had no idea what was going on when "he" made that, but it's still my first Mother's Day gift "from" him and how can you resist tiny baby hand prints?! :-)
They must have done aerobics in the nursery because The SB slept nearly all afternoon. He woke up long enough to eat a couple times but really spent hours pretty much passed out. When he did wake up, he was in such a good mood and we spent quite a long time chatting and cooing and smiling and giggling at each other. I also decided to capture our first mother's day together with some pictures...and then he had a bath because he smelled like someone's perfume and was giving me a headache! :-)
I have to say that I always knew being a mother would be an amazing thing....but it is impossible to begin to imagine just how amazing it is once you really become a mother. It is one of the most incredible blessings and scary responsibilities I have ever experienced. I just think about God hand-picking BigDaddy and me to be The SB's parents...He knows that the combination of BigDaddy and me together is what The SB needs to be the man God intends him to be....that's heavy and so humbling. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with love to the point of tears and sometimes I am scared for the pain I know that kind of love brings with it. It's a deep and fierce love, but also a very vulnerable and raw love.
And I could babble on like this for a while, so I'll just end it and head to bed. :-) But I do want to end with this picture of my sister-in-law and my niece because it's such an awesome picture and because it's also MyAwesomeSIL's first Mother's Day!
.jpg)
Aren't they both just beautiful!?!
One happy mama,
T-Rae


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to chatter with us!